As most of you know, Patrick and I got the wonderful opportunity to go to Costa Rica the beginning of the year. Everything was truly amazing except Aaden wasn't with us this time. That was definitely the hardest part of leaving and being gone for ten days but the Lord kept him safe in the hands of Kevin and Stephanie East and kept us safe too as we ventured out on this journey.
Costa Rica has a saying that's quoted everywhere, "pura vida" meaning pure life. As you can see on this sign. They strongly believe it.
This was the first day we arrived. Isaac and Robert, the directors of Camp Roblealto (the camp we worked for) took us to the central market to show us a bit of what the culture was like. This is me with two awesome people, Julie and Erika.
Our first 5 days we worked with a group of kids from a place called Carpio. Wow... what an experience. These kids come from very difficult backgrounds and have been blessed with leaders that minister and reach out to them all year round. It was a blessing and a reminder to be thankful for what we've been given. We had activity groups with them such as swimming lessons (most of them had never seen a pool), basketball, American football, ultimate frisbee, camping, etc.
Robert and Nina graciously opened their home to us the night of the National Championship game that, might I remind you, Alabama won! :)
The first night of family camp (the first ever family camp since the camp opened 62 years ago)!
Our group was so wonderful! Each of our team was brought there for a certain purpose and it was awesome to see the different gifts needed and being used!
I did get to play with a sweet baby girl, Maripaz, while I was there to get my baby fix... even though it wasn't near as great as being with my little man, Aaden.
We didn't look like tourists at all! ha This was the day we got to go the beach.
This is why they say "Pura Vida"! Just one of the many wonderful views! God's beautiful creation!
Rolando, our driver, took us to this bridge that was over a crocodile infested river! I was a little concerned b/c the wind was pretty strong. I was certain one of us would be a goner w/ the wind and what awaited below. However, we all made it across :)
We have many more pictures where these came from and I hope to post more soon! Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! It was a wonderful experience and something Patrick and I will never forget. We were able to take a lot of things from this trip... wisdom from above. Getting to serve alongside Patrick as he lead this trip was so cool for me! I have an amazing husband and such an awesome little boy that we missed while we were gone. It's so great to all be back home together!
2 comments:
I loved seeing all those pictures! It looks like you guys had such a good time!
I love looking at all of the pictures that I haven't got to see yet! The picture of you with the little girl made me cry. It shows that beautiful heart of yours that I love so much!!!!
Post a Comment