Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feel Better Little Bug!


Little Man eating his first avocado.

Starting around Friday, Little Bug started coughing again and it seemed like he was getting a cold... again.  Well, he was and it began progressing day by day.  Sunday I called Telecare (24/7 registered nurse) and told her what was going on.  He was wheezing, coughing and had a runny nose.  It was obvious that he wasn't able to breath as well as normal.  She made him an appointment with his doctor for Monday morning.  First thing Monday Little Bug and I headed into town.  We were at the doctor for three hours because she was pretty concerned.  I had to give him a breathing treatment in the office (which wasn't my favorite part because... let's just say that he didn't enjoy it too much).  He cried the entire time and it didn't help that he was so tired and getting close to lunch time!  Doc said if he didn't get better after the treatment she was going to keep him in the hospital.  Thankfully, he responded very well and she let us go home.  Praise the Lord!!  
After driving seemingly all over town and two different pharmacies, they told me it would take 72 hours before everything would be verified with insurance and all those details.  This was no bueno seeing that doc said to do the treatment every four hours for two days.  But after prayer and hope, I ran into a friend and she knew someone that had one we could borrow.  I was automatically boosted with energy and jumping around b/c this was a huge blessing!  So we didn't have to buy one and we actually will have one in hand when we go to Mobile b/c Nana Loper has one Little Bug (and following bugs :) ) will be able to use in the future.  The Lord provided everything we needed right when we needed it.  Now we are just taking it a little at a time and praying for healing for Little Bug.  He goes back to doc Wednesday morning so hopefully we'll get good results!  
Daddio's first treatment... not so happy!


He did better the 3rd go-around...

And then he was OUT!
Please keep Little Bug in your prayers and we'll keep everyone updated... He's already doing better!  

We love yall!
Preston Fam :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

poor little bug-a-boo. He looks so pitiful! I have and will continue to pray for him. God is our healer and He is going to take good care of that little man. I love ya'll. Give Aaden a hug and a kiss from Aunt Dawnie!!!